With the beautiful weather and gorgeous Key West waters, it’s never been a better time to get your sea legs!
Whether you’re fishing, soaking up the sun, or just taking in the beautiful sights, in order to have the best and safest boating experience next time you’re at the Seaport, the U.S. Coast Guard recommends the following tips:
- Use caution when using generators or heating elements that you may only rarely use, particularly if you live aboard the vessel.
- Leave a float plan with a friend or family member who is back on land.
- Keep a marine radio on board. Cell phones can be unreliable on the water.
- Have an Emergency Position Indicating Radio Beacon (EPIRB) to send out a distress signal.
- Never boat under the influence.
- Use caution while boating in cooler water temperatures – the first couple months of the year is when temperatures in Florida can have the widest range between the daytime and nighttime.
- Check the water temperature and the weather before you head out.
For more information & boating safety tips, visit keywestbightmarina.com. Happy boating!
Key West Bight Marina at the Historic Seaport:
Your Gateway to Everything Key West!
Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | YouTube | Yelp | TripAdvisor | Web